In March 2016 British automaker Morgan, famous for its handcrafted oldschool cars looking like a 1930s flashback, presented all-electric EV3 three-wheeler at the Geneva Motor Show. This astonishing vehicle is going to come to production in IV quarter of 2016 and is a definite answer to those who consider electric vehicles ‘soulless’.
This three-wheeler is a pure leisure car, providing extreme driving pleasure. However, it also offers quite impressive specs:
- 46 kW electric motor on a rear wheel
- 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in less than 9 seconds
- top speed – more than 140 lm/h (90 mph)
- 20 kWh battery pack
- about 240 km (150 miles) of range
- weight – less than 500 kg (1,100 lb)
EV3’s body is constructed with a use of carbon fiber and aluminium, neighbouring with Morgan’s more traditional steel and ash-tree. Morgan also admits that pricing of EV3 will be comparable to gasoline-powered Morgan 3-wheelers, that costs about £30,000 to £80,000.